Friday, July 31, 2009

Last weekend of shows

So today starts the last weekend of "Hello, Dolly!" shows. As promised on previous posts, here are the rest of the cards I made for those who helped with the show. Today is the "men" cards. One to the director, the assistant director and music director. Can I just tell you how much I hate making cards for guys. Ugh!

(Luckily the Stars set by Papertrey Inks that I just recently bought has come in handy for such occasions as a man card. lol)

(I tried to find the most manly colors and designer paper I could find in my stock of stuff. This is what I found)

(Did I mention I love buttons!?)

(I know I know, MORE BUTTONS! I tried to do a "song bird" type idea, since this is for the music director. It was tough to do that idea and still keep it somewhat manly)

(My husband Wren liked the bird (of course being "birdman" himself) lol)

(More star madness. It was all I could think of to go with theater and a guy-type card)

(I did do a trick of stamping half of the thank you saying, then the other half below it, instead of next to each other...it was the only way I could get it to fit in the star. haha)

I did my best. The music director's card is slightly less "manly" but heck, it has music on it!
If you haven't been following my blog this week, check out my previous 2 posts for the rest of the cards I made- those have a "victorian feel" to most. (I like the girly cards better to be honest). :)
Enjoy all and wish me luck for our show tonight!
Hugs!
-M

2 comments:

  1. I like the stars - are they the new Papertrey ones with the punch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards just keep getting better and better! I love the Victorian theme and I really like the star card. I thought I'd pass along this website, just in case you haven't heard of it. I stumbled across it last week and it's too good not to share:

    http://peachycheap.com/index.php

    I've found some really great deals and it changes everyday, there are usually a lot of stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love all!