Monday, September 7, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #16

Time for some color challenge goodness. These colors are brought to you by the Raspberry Suite #16 Color Challenge by Dawn McVey (see above). I love how these colors just scream fall to me. I got so Fall and Thanksgiving card happy with these colors, that I made 3 cards for the challenge! Check out all the wonderful cards made by others for this challenge here.

(These colors just screamed thanksgiving to me, and I just HAD to use some new DP paper I got for fall and My Favorite Things' sentiment. The sketch is similar to one Dawn did a while back, I just changed things up a bit to fit what I wanted to do and my style of cards.)

(I thought the sentiment wasn't dark enough so I tried to go back and darken it with more ink, however it gave this shadow effect to it, but now that I look at it, I kinda like the effect.)

(My second card I made for the challenge is all about the wood-like paper. I am so into owls right now, so I wanted to make this card with one also.)

(I originally made a word bubble, a-la KWerner style, however it was too big for the card and looked funny, so I did the sentiment/word bubble on the woodgrain paper)

(This is my least favorvite of the three. Mostly because I still am not happy with how that leaf turned out. The ink just soaked into the paper too much, to get the kraft-color I wanted. Oh well, 2 out of 3 isn't bad...lol)

I hope everyone is having a great Labor Day weekend. I am enjoying the last of my 3-day weekend, since I have to work on Labor Day (but I did get Friday off instead).
Leave me some comment love so I know you all are still out there and still following...I feel like I'm talking to myself some days. lol. Let me know which is your favorite, since I know what I like, but that usually isn't what other people like. :)
Have a great holiday all!
-M

7 comments:

  1. awesome, I love all three of them! I did three cards with this combo too... it was just too irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all really nice! I really like how the leaf turned out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! Love the turkey stamp - so yummy :) Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! these are great...love the turkey one! great details :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the second one - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Morgaine! Thanks for sharing your blog with the Moxie Fab World!

    ~Cath

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love all!