Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Springing Forward

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!
Here is the card I made for all the ladies in my Friday Night Card Club for our March cards. This "technique" card also had to use green, and I thought...hmmm...I want to make a springy card! My technique was all about the embossing. I took a woodgrain stamp and repeated it on the pink cardstock. Sadly the woodgrain was just slightly too small for the paper, so I ended up lining it up to end in the center, so when I put the designer paper across the center, it looks like it keeps going. hehe...gotta love tricks of a crafter!
Anyways, I think they turned out cute. I used a sentiment from Papertrey Inks and paper from a pack of paper that I purchased with a gift certificate I got for my birthday to Scrapbook Gifts (I can't remember who the paper is by for the life of me though). The ribbon is also from Papertrey Inks. The only downfall to these cards is I made them a little chubby, so when I took them to the post office, my postal guy charged me more than I expected on them.

 (PTI buttons, ribbon and sentiment. I thought the embossing turned out nice)

(So I'm not a huge fan of various colored inks, but I thought black or brown was too dark for this card)

 (Here is all the cards I made for the whole crew of ladies in the Friday Night Card Club. Two of the cards the panel went the other way...Since they were my first ones I embossed and wasn't sure which direction I wanted to go with the panel of paper.)

Today is another day in my stay-cation and my mom has come to visit since Saturday night. As I type, she's sewing a slip cover for my couch. As a belated birthday present to me, my mom is helping me re-do our living room by sewing slip covers for the couches and pillows, and getting new curtains, among other various things. So far the room is coming along very good...its down to the couch slip covers to finish and the mantel wall- which we're waiting on the wall decal we found online to go on it. So far I think it is looking sooooo much better. :)
Yesterday my mom and I went and walked a 5k+ in New Hope, PA. I hope it helps me to get back on the horse with exercise, since later yesterday night I also went to my adult ballet class. Anyways, I wanted to show you all the adorable duckies that were by the canal where we walked past. Aren't they cute!? I'm gonna have to get this picture fixed up and put in a frame in my bathroom- which is all ducky themed. hehe


Is everyone doing some celebrating for St. Patrick's Day? I know we plan to go downtown to celebrate, but other than that, not much else. But then again, today's holiday is all about the celebrating and drinks, right? hehe. Don't forget your green today!
Wellios, have a good St. Patrick's day! Enjoy.
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comment love all!