Tuesday, June 22, 2010

White on White fun

'Tis the season for weddings, anniversaries, babies, etc. So this month's theme for my Friday Night Card club was perfect: White on White. I was a little intimidated by the theme, since I'm all about color. I did the one idea first (the star one) but quickly realized it would take a lot longer to do 11 of them than my other idea, so I ended up going with the one below (the "I love you so much" one) as the card I made for the card club. I probably will hold on to the starry one for either a wedding I need to go to, or maybe a wedding anniversary (mine or my parents), something like that. :)
Enjoy!

(I've come to the conclusion that photographing embossed items is very difficult! I hope you can all see this. I clear embossed the sentiment "I love you so much" by Papertrey Ink, I also clear embossed some swirls on the background. I also did a dry embossing folder on the brackets with my Big Shot. First to cut out the bracket (the die from Stampin' Up!, and then the embossing folder). It was a process, but still was a lot quicker to make than the other card shown below)

(This one took a while with the stars embossed, hence why I ended up not making this version for the card club. Also hand cutting out the brackets was time-consuming. I went all out embossing for this, background, sentiment, even the sparkle is silver sparkle emboss...lol)

 Anyways, I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comment love all!