Friday, March 8, 2013

Favorites Friday #2: Boots, games and Vampires, oh my!

Happy Friday all!
For this week's Favorite's Friday, I am all about the cute and comfortable fun.



  1. Diet Dr. Pepper: So, I LOVE Dr. Pepper. Not sure why, but I sure do love it. However, when I started having a weight problem, it was the first thing to go- as it gave me heartburn like no other. When I started losing weight, I thought I'd try giving diet soda a try. I've been hooked to Diet Dr. Pepper ever since- it is my favorite of the diet beverages- (that is, when I'm not drinking SodaStream drinks). lol
  2. Steve Madden sweater boots: I got these around Thanksgiving time at Marshall's when out shopping with my mom on Black Friday. They are oh-so-comfy and adorable with skinny jeans or leggings. I LOVE how warm they are too! I've tried to find a link to them online, but they might be out of stock. However, here are some on Amazon that are similar, and these Steve Madden ones are very similar.
  3. World of Warcraft, Mists of Panderia expansion: So I've been playing World of Warcraft since around 2005 (long time player). It was a way for my husband and I to stay connected and spend "time" together when I was away at college 6 hours away from him (this was when we were dating). I know there is a lot of people who talk about video games and how they are bad for relationships, however I feel that if you BOTH play a game TOGETHER, it is great for your relationship! I think their newest expansion is one of their best- visually and content-wise. So much more things to do in game, and so many visually stunning locations to view in game. Also, who wouldn't want to be a panda. hehe. For those of you who do play video games, especially WoW, my husband and I sometimes post stuff on our gaming blog here. We also do WoW parody songs that are played on the Ctrl Alt WoW podcast. The WoW community is one of the best, and I wish I could give hugs to each and every-one of them!
  4. Cute flower headbands from Family Dollar: Who knew that you could get the most adorable headbands at Family Dollar? I got the above one from there and two others that I adore- a crocheted blue flower headband and a hot pink sparkly headband. I am all about the headbands that have a large flower or ornamentation on one side. They have kids ones and ones that are more "teen"- which work just great for me. hehe. Straight simple headbands are so not me- I'm all about the cute little something, so when I saw that these were only $2 each, I was in headband heaven!
  5. The Vampire Diaries: Ok, so I am new to this show, but I am enjoying watching it with my hubs. They have the first 3 seasons on Netflix, so we are making our way through the show to catch up to the most recent season. I am all about watching shows on Netflix- all at once, so I thought I'd give this show a try, and I do enjoy it. Supernatural is another favorite that I got hooked on via Netflix, and will forever be a favorite, however Vampire Diaries is a favorite for the moment. ;)

So there you have it. My five Friday favorites! What are you just loving these days?
I'm looking forward to tomorrow- big 80s prom birthday party! Woo! Can't Wait!
Stay tuned, as I will be sure to do a bunch of posts on the party event afterwards. In the meantime, have a great weekend all!
Happy Friday!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comment love all!