Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Riesling Grapefruit Mango Spritzer drink

Hello all! I thought I'd share a new drink concoction that I created this past weekend. It is a Riesling Grapefruit Mango Spritzer. Quite tasty, if I say so myself.


Basically, here is what you need:

Riesling Grapefruit Mango Spritzer

Ingredients:
  • A Riesling wine (I used a J.W. Morris Riesling a friend had given us)
  • Frozen mangoes
  • Diet Grapefruit soda (Mine is a SodaStream flavored soda)

Pour your Riesling wine into a cup or glass. Add frozen mangoes.


Fill the rest of the glass with Diet grapefruit soda. The frozen mangoes act like your ice cubes, while also soaking up some of the flavor and sweetness.



Since I used Diet Grapefruit, and that mangoes are zero weight watchers points plus because they are fruit, my only points in this beverage is the wine! Yippie! So however much wine you include- that's the point value in this drink!


It was a refreshing drink, that made me wish for spring, considering it was snowing the day I made it. haha
Have a great day all!
-M

3 comments:

  1. This looks and sounds amazing! I'm definitely adding it to my must-try-this-summer list (and pinterest board). Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that looks so yummy and refreshing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love all!