Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Gaga over this Gala...

So this past Saturday was the big theater gala (that I have basically been devoting most of my free time outside of work to help plan for throughout this past year).


It was a little crazy the day of, since I had rehearsal for Brigadoon in the morning, had roughly an hour and a half to run home, get changed, do makeup and hair, and then get back up to the country club to finish setup for the gala. In the end, it was a great event- everyone had a blast and we had so much fun!
Here are some of the details of the evening and leading up to it:

Invitations:

I designed the invitation, rsvp card, and the band that went around the invite and the RSVP card/envelope.

Programs:
Each program included everything that was in each of the 30 baskets that were being raffled off, with a total estimated value of each basket, and a list of the evening's events on the back of the program.

Placecards:


The Placecards were "tickets" that you picked up at the "Will call board" to go to the show (the gala). There was also a code you could scan that would take you to the company's website. ;)

Centerpieces:
These were the centerpieces- each themed around a different show we have done in the theater company's past 30 years. (this was before they added the silverware, cups, glasses, salt, pepper, etc. to each table)
 A Chorus Line

Our Miss Brooks

 Our Miss Brooks (other view)

Grease

Grease (other view)

Hello, Dolly

Hello, Dolly  (other view)

Music Man

Arsenic and Old Lace

King and I

Beauty and the Beast

 Brigadoon (also was our Dignitary/reserved table)

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

Odd Couple
There was a few other centerpieces, I just forgot to photograph them. doh!

Other Decorations:
This is what guests saw when they opened the front door...


These were on the cocktail tables (they looked WAY better when lit and when they turned down the overhead lights)

The paper chandeliers!


Basket Raffles:
(30 baskets for 30 years!)

Little Women basket

Each basket had a number (that went with the jar to put the tickets in and a listing of what is in the baskets.

Odd Couple Basket

Pink Panther Basket 

Charlie Brown Basket 

James and the Giant Peach Basket (which we won)

Photobooth:

I'll just share a few that the hubs and I took in the Photobooth,
since I don't know if anyone else wants their photos circulating through the blogosphere. lol

Dinner:
Green beans, scalloped potatoes, chicken, salmon, salad, and chocolate mousse with strawberries for dessert. There was also many different great hour'dorves served during the cocktail hour.

Favors:
We had mini Verdi bottles (and cider for the non-alcoholic group) and chocolate bars as the favors.





We also had chocolate bars made with the company logo

Cute tags on the favors!

And everything else...
I did my nails in a light brown and then added silver sparkle edging. I did my fingernails roughly 10 minutes before we left the house, the day of the gala. lol. The brown polish I got from the dollar store, and the silver I got from Five Below- it was a special "nail art" type of polish- with a skinny brush.

I did my toes with the same polishes, however I did them the night before. lol!
(have I mentioned how much I hate my stubby toenails/toes?)

I thrifted up my entire outfit- $2 for 2 brown flower clips, $2 for other sparkle clip in hair, used earrings and silver shoes I previously wore in my friend's wedding, $5 for necklace from thrift store, $1.50 for white fabric for sash and the dress was a bridesmaid dress I wore roughly 6 years ago. And the hubs- I got his brown and white tie from thrift store for $3, and he got his pants and suit jacket (not shown) also at the thrift store. ;)
We love to be classy but thrifty.

All in all, it was a great night. We walked away winning one of the fun baskets, along with our favors. Our muscles were super sore the next day from all the running around and dancing the night away, but it was worth it. I did a LOT of design work and work on the setup for this event (somedays I felt like I did more for this than my own wedding, lol!), so now that it is done- do I get my life back? lol

Anyways, have a great Wednesday all!


This has been what I've been "working on" this past month/year... now to actually get back to working on things for our own home- like getting ready for the holidays!
Have a great day!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comment love all!