Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Getting crafty with it: Recent Papercrafting adventures

Back in April I went on a Stampin Up! getaway weekend with my mom, hosted by the fabulous Jill Hilliard. I have to say, it was so much fun!



She left us each cute little "pillow gifts" and had daily make-and-takes, that made the whole weekend a blast!
I also go SOOO much done that weekend.


One of the day's pillow gifts- this was filled with buttons!

Another pillow gift: this adorable little box had candy in it. (Not pictured- the last day's pillow gift- ADORABLE Mini coffee cups)
Not only did I create all my Mother's Day and Father's Day cards for the year (will post those after their holidays have passed, as I know my mom's a follower-hehe), but I finished up my Project Life pages for my Wedding Album. (Yes, I know we got married almost 6 years ago, but it just took me THAT long to get my butt in gear to use up all the spare photos I had been given and were taken by friends and family (not just the pro-photographer)). Doing project life pages to mix in with my tradition pages for my wedding album was a perfect idea, I must say. I did so many pages for that, I'll spare you the massive amount of Project Life layouts, as most there wasn't much to them other than the photos and wedding card inserts.

I also created a LOT of cards to increase my card stash, which was getting WAY low. These cards are all designs I created myself, for various occasions.

One of the cards I created during the getaway, with a new set I got from my mom. This stamp set was also part of a swap with my mom- I had to use the stamp set for a card to give to her and one for myself.
Detail shot- this is one of my favorite cards, not gonna lie!
The "Smile" was a card in one of my Project Life packs. Stamp soda bottle- Stampin Up!
The monkey and congratulations are Stampin Up!

This was also for the swap with my mom- she gives me something I have to use in a card- I make one card for her, one for myself. She gave me the cute little baby clothesline diecut and the large stamped image.The hello baby sentiment is Stampin Up!
One of my other favorite cards I created during this getaway. The celebrate a sweet birthday sentiment tag is Stampin Up! (stamped it on pink, then stamped again on white and just cut the white oval out).
close up detail.
Stampin Up! sentiment, flower with bracket and diecut border, as well as the butterfly punches.
Close up detail
Happy Birthday sentiment and bicycle- Stampin Up! as well as butterfly punch.

And yes, I started on some Christmas cards. I am aiming to get more created before December, if I can help it.

After the weekend was over, I was so inspired and so happy with trying some new techniques and products, that I just HAD to convince some of my buds to make some cards with me.
So, this past weekend, after an afternoon of "Once Upon a Time at Barnes & Nobles" event, dressed as storybook characters, a few friends came over and we got crafty with it. (*insert Will Smith's "Getting Jiggy With It" background music, lol)
Here are some of the cards we created over the weekend (each of the gals did slightly different variations of each card, using different colors and patterns of their choice, and on the one card- different sentiments/images).

I took what I learned in the one class, and recreated it with different colors!

I used a mix of washi tape, 2 different stamp sets by Papertrey Inks, and embossing folder to make this cutie.

Took my previous card I created during the getaway and recreated it with different colors and a different cake setup.

Composition book update!
Another variation of that one card.
Just used up some of the scraps to make this simple manly b-day card.
same setup as the one card, just different colors.

I had a blast in both these papercrafting adventures, and right now I'm actually starting to get excited about papercrafting again. Now to just find the time to create more, among all the other things I have to do (work, housework, yardwork, rehearsal, etc.).
*fingers crossed I can get some crafting in later this weekend*
-M

1 comment:

  1. Such cute cards! Looks like you and your Mom had fun! Thanks for the Plasti Dip info- I'll have to share with my daughter while she works on her Loki costume :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love all!